A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Serving Joliet Since 1852
Woodlawn Funeral Home has a longstanding tradition of providing excellent service to Joliet families. Located on the corner of Jefferson Street (Rt. 52) and Essington Road, we are the only Joliet funeral home to own its own cemeteries.
Our history begins with the 1852 establishment of Chamberlain and Sloan Mortuary. In 1914, the Chamberlain firm was the first to purchase a motorized hearse in Will County.
After returning from World War II, Willard Blood began managing the mortuary firm in 1946, and later opened the Blood & Grant Funeral Home at 112 Richards Street. That historic location had previously been the home of the Rialto theater builder, Louis Rubens.
As the city of Joliet expanded, Blood and his business partner, Harry Grant, purchased land west of the river in 1966 to open Blood & Grant Westwood Memorial Chapel. That site was later known as Woodlawn Memorial Chapel.
The one constant in these years of service is caring for our families; our long tradition of dedication is still continued by the Woodlawn Funeral Home staff today.